Kristina’s Chocolate Cookies
- 500 grams (17 oz) good quality chocolate
- 1 cube (4 oz) butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 ¾ Cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ ounces of espresso or Kahlua
- 2 cups oatmeal
- ½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups chocolate chips
- Optional: nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (300 if a convection oven). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
- Melt the butter in a separate pan.
- Beat the eggs until foamy. Add the sugar to the eggs and beat until the mixture becomes a velvety pale yellow.
- Add first the melted butter, then the melted chocolate to the egg and sugar mixture. Next add the vanilla and the espresso or Kahlua.
- Add the oatmeal and beat for at least 2 minutes to break the oats down a little.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well, then mix in the chocolate chips.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or similar instrument, place evenly sized balls of cookie dough on the paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake until the tops just lose their shininess.
Kristina, Cookie Maker to the gods, Wife, Welder, and Mother of five (boys!)